View Full Version : Notification email format changed (now all one line of text)
09-03-05, 10:17 PM
Wonder if anyone can help. I've recently (ish, it was 2 or 3 weeks ago) grabbed a CVS snapshot and everything appears ok apart from the fact that the notification email format has gone from being nice and ordered to one continuous mass of text with this at the beginning of the email body...
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-Mailer: Php/libMailv1.3
I'm assuming that this is what's causing the problem - Sorry to say I'm using Outlook, not got round to installing Thunderbird on this machine yet (if that makes a difference).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, many thanks,
10-03-05, 09:46 AM
Odd, this hasn't been reported elsewhere, and we use the latest CVS in a production environment. Mind you, you don't have the latest version as I changed the X-Mailer string. What OS is the server on? What method are you using for mail delivery (inbuilt SMTP or default PHP)?
10-03-05, 07:45 PM
Ok, Thanks for that.
The server is on Red Hat 9 and as far as I'm aware we're using the default PHP as no changes have been made to mail settings.
Do you suggest just getting the latest CVS snapshot. The one we're using is from 9th Feb
10-03-05, 08:27 PM
You definitely want to get a newer version. There has been a massive amount of work done since 9th Feb.
12-03-05, 02:31 AM
It's all going horribly wrong....I've updated with the latest CVS from this morning (GMT) and had a few erros whilst "installing". There appeared to be a couple of issues with dotproject/db/upgrade_20alpha_to_20beta.sql being missing - I'm assuming this is why user information is not being displayed when logged in and in numerous other places. Hopefully I can hold off reinstalling old setup until i get this fixed
Thanks again for your help
16-03-05, 12:11 AM
Sorry to go on :( I've now got the latest CVS again and had a cleaner install and things appear to be going ok....however, the email notification is still coming out in what appears to be one line of text and now has
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit X-Mailer: dotProject v2.0-beta
at the top, no different (apart from the end) to the last one.
Any suggestions or further information i could give that may be of help?
16-03-05, 07:27 AM
Try setting up the SMTP email. Go into System Admin->System Configuration, down towards the bottom of the page are the Email settings. Set it to SMTP and set a host, and if your host needs authentication, set those options as well. Make sure you don't set the Queue email for later sending option. If this works then it is the PHP mail support on your system that is suspect,.
Mind you, I would be suspicious about the mail server you are using. Obviously the email has been sent, which means that the dotProject end is OK. Then it is either the MTA (Mail transport Agent or the mail server) or the MUA (mail user agent, or outlook) which is screwing up the email. Try using the SMTP settings to set it to a valid mailserver, or try reading the email on a different client. But if your client is reading other email OK, I would still be suspicious of the mail server.
16-03-05, 08:01 PM
Brilliant - That's done the trick!!
Thank you so much for your help on this issue. Thanks go to all the development team as well for creating such a fantastic tool :D
vBulletin® v3.6.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.